Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Wir Por"

So after Addie donated all her money to the Haiti recovery fund she was very anxious to build up her savings account again. She was constantly asking me what jobs she could do to earn money. I mentioned a bake sale, thinking of when it warmed up a bit, but she couldn't wait. She took some cookies I had made and set up her own little stand in the front yard with a sign that said "cookies $1" (she ignored my suggestion of 50 cents a cookie). Under that sign was another sign in big letters that said "Wir Por" (translation: we're poor).

6 comments:

Michael said...

Can't stop laughing!

Alison B said...

Oh, that is too cute. how much money did she make?

Anonymous said...

I love your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes....and I'll take 5 cookies! :)

Chad said...

That is soo cute.. Made me laugh alone in my living room.

Kristen said...

O my gosh!!! I miss you! I'm just reading your blog for the first time in I think months. Addie is the best! I'm so impressed by her cards. Collin's look just like that and I love it! So sweet that your girls donated all of their money to the Haiti fund. I love you. Miss you.