Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was always difficult for me as a child and still is even as an adult. It seems like the work is done and you're just waiting around for the festivities that night. Any ideas on great Christmas Eve day traditions?



Acting out the nativity while dad reads from Luke.





Yay! My favorite Christmas Eve tradition as a child was opening up new jammies.

I sewed the girls matching nightgowns and the boys (dad and Alex) matching Lightening McQueen jammies.


A surprise visit from Santa (thanks to Rob Ross from church).
During our nativity reading the kids started acting up a bit. Dad and I warned the kids that sometimes Santa makes surprise visits to homes on Christmas eve to make sure kids are being good. It was obvious the kids didn't buy it. Not 2 minutes later Santa walked through the door with a "ho, ho, ho" and a jingle of bells. I wish I could have caught Maycie's incredulous look. It was classic. Thanks "Santa" for perfect timing.



No comments: