Saturday, January 30, 2010

Other Christmas Festivities

Decorating the tree.










At the Nutcracker.

For a couple years now I've wanted to take the girls to the Nutcracker ballet. This year I finally did, however I should have waited a couple more years. They stayed attentive for the first 30 minutes then they were constantly asking me when it would be over. We had to crawl over several people for a potty emergency and Maycie had a terrible case of the wiggles. Thanks goodness it a low end production or I'm sure we would have been asked to leave. We'll try it again in a few years.




Every year we take a trip to the mall to take a picture with Santa in the kid's Christmas outfits. This year I finally followed a pattern when sewing the girl's dresses. I think that will be the last time I follow a pattern. It's much easier making it up as I go along.


Addie's Kindergarten Winter Program.

Mrs. Touchton, Barnette Elementary's Principal

We got to the school very early so we could get good seats, so Addie decided to practice her speaking part. She was one a few Kindergartner's to be chosen for a speaking part.

Practice makes perfect and perfect it was.

Girlfriends...

...also practicing or playing.

For weeks before the program Addie would come home from school singing songs from different religions, cultures and languages. When I went to school it was called a Christmas program. Now, to be politically correct, it's called a winter program. It was fun to hear so many different songs and Addie knew them all perfectly.





The 2nd annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
After last year's ugly Christmas sweater party I was on the lookout at every thrift store for ugly Christmas sweaters. I collected a few. In fact most the sweaters on the back row belong to me. I just knew people would be looking for loaners. I, of course, kept the ugliest one for myself- a black sweater with neon colors and vinyl Santas on it and I won the contest. GO UGLY!

Randy and Sandy Abbott

The white elephant gift exchange is always a hoot. Ultra conservative Nathan Wheatley got the WWF calendar. Nearly naked hunky men. Mindy Wheatly probably didn't even let it in the house.

Rob, Adam and Randy are clearly redefining the male model business.






You know you live in the south when a thin layer of slush is mistaken for snow. The kids were pretty excited that it even resembled the white stuff.


Decorating gingerbread houses with Addie's best friend, Molly. Very little candy actually made it on the houses.

No comments: