Sunday, January 31, 2010

At the Circus!

I love the Circus. I have always loved the Circus. As a child I only got to go a couple of times, but for my 23rd birthday I asked my parents to take me to the Circus. I wouldn't have enjoyed it any more if I were a kid. It truly is the "Greatest Show on Earth".
.....
So, I was thrilled at the opportunity to take my children. I love living my childhood experiences again through my children's eyes.




The splurge. $12 for cotton candy!?! How in the world do they get away with charging that much for spun sugar? - because people will pay that much. It's crazy, but we bought into it - literally. So we bought one bag of cotton candy (it came with 3 colors in it) and each child got one color - plus a hat to share.
Thanks goodness I got 4 of the 5 tickets for free.


I know what you're thinking. With crazy eyes like that, Maycie doesn't need any more sugar. That's just Maycie. She's like that with or without the sugar.


So I asked each of the kids what their favorite thing was at the Circus. Addie's answer was, of course, the horses. Maycie kept right in character and said, the tigers (did I mention she likes us to call her "Danger"?). Alex, half asleep, copied his sister and said tigers. Me? well, besides the acrobatics (which I do love) I adore the elephants. So large and gentle they always appear to have a smile on their face.


It amazes me what trainers can get the largest land mammal on earth to do. Despite their size they looked amazingly graceful.

No comments: