Monday, August 24, 2009

August Moments



I found this picture taped to Addie and Maycie's bedroom door.
I vaguely remember Addie asking me how to spell "boys".
Unfortunately, Alex can't read yet.




One of the girl's new favorite activities is dressing up Alex like a princess, fairy, dancer.

Much to dad's horror Alex thinks this activity is pretty fun.
Here are the dancing queens - one being a drag queen.



Blast from the past.
I introduced the kids to my favorite childhood movie. E.T.
I was a little worried it might be a little scary for them so I sat right by them the entire show narrating and explaining the scenes. I guess it worked, because they loved it. They wanted to watch it several times a day. Maycie kept asking to watch "E.T. phone home." Even Alex was reciting "E.T. phone home."


Here is Addie's depiction of the lovable extra terrestrial.



Fun with our best friends, the Abbotts.


Can you tell I love pictures of sleeping children?

2 comments:

Macdonalds said...

I love the dancing drag queen fairy! I figure if you let boys wear high heels and dress up then they will grow out of it rather than grow interest in it(right?).Your kids are so fun!

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Addie's E.T. is pretty good! We've been watching Matilda every day for the past two weeks. Your kids would probably like that too.