Monday, March 22, 2010

Can't Sleep

I'm sitting here putting off going to bed, and wandering aimlessly on the internet. Mostly checking blogs and mostly of my family. I'm in one of those moods where I really miss them. I wish I could be closer so I could meet my new nephews Rockwell and Hayden. I wish I could give my chubby other nephew, Topher, a squeeze and bite his cheeks. I wish I were closer so I could see my over-achieving baby sister play as a featured violinist with the Cedar City orchestra and to offer my mom some much needed comfort, companionship and maybe a laugh or two. I wish I could hug my little (and mean younger, 'cause he's much bigger than me) brother and tell him how proud I am of him and all the positive changes he's made in his life recently. I wish I could give my dad a huge birthday hug, hang out in is totally awesome designer home while he cooks and talks about past girlfriends, then check out the new Harley he bought (mid-life crisis # ?) and maybe go for a ride around the block. But, I'm nearly 3,000 miles away so all I can do is send my love in this pathetic blog. (I'm probably high on paint fumes again since I just finished painting the living room). I love you family. You're in my thoughts tonight.

2 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

One day, someone in the family is going to be filthy rich and they will offer free flights to see family whenever we want. I hope someone gets filthy rich soon.

finau said...

Oh, me too!! I know the feeling! (I am also looking forward to a filthy rich family member to provide lots of free flights :)