Friday, March 19, 2010

Project Pandemonium and Paint Fumes- Part 1

If you know me well (or even not so well) you know I always have a project going. Someone once asked why I do it. I stated, "I guess I'm addicted to projects or it runs in my blood," - thanks to mom. "Or your addicted to the paint fumes," they said. This week I am definitely high on paint fumes. Something about having upcoming house guests puts a bee in my bonnet and I feel like I have to go on a project marathon. This week, in anticipation of my sister coming followed by Rob's parents, I have been attempting to finish painting the girl's bedroom, the playroom, the dining room, the living room (in addition to putting up crown molding in those two rooms), a bookshelf for Alex's room, and refinishing a chest to put in the dining room. In addition, I will be attempting to sew curtains for four rooms. I know, I'm totally crazy.

Thus far I have finished painting the girl's bedroom, which I love (pictures soon to follow) and the playroom, which I hate! (my eyes are burning from over exposure to bright yellow - I doubt I will take pictures of that). Though I do like the chalkboard wall I painted in the playroom. I have also finished the bookshelf and the crown molding. I am nearing completion of the chest of drawers I bought for $20 on craigslist. I really do love refinishing furniture. My regret is I get so excited to remake the old that I always forget to take a before picture. Darn it. You really can't appreciate the "after" unless you've seen the "before".

Well, wish me luck. I'm off to bed with cramps in my hands and paint in my nails and hair, that is if I come down from my paint fumes high. Tomorrow's goal: to tape and paint the dining room. Project Pandemonium and Paint Fumes - Part 2 soon to follow, hopefully with pictures.

P.S. Thanks, honey, for putting up with the chaos.

4 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Seven more go-to-beds, seven more get-ups! Yay!

Gail said...

Keep up the good work. I'm like you. I like projects. And when I get one going ALL I want to do is finish it - and that's a problems sometimes because not all projects can be finished in a day. Good luck with all the painting! That's on House To Do List as well. Definitely post after pics -I want to see your finished masterpieces! I'll have to do the same.

Alison B said...

can't wait to see pictures. Or maybe I could just come take a look. :)

Carrie said...

All I can say is...Marlene!!