Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spoiled Mother on Mother's Day

Spoiled Mother. That would be me. After a week long trip to see my sister in Chicago and leaving Rob with the kids, I pretty much thought my "mother's day" was done when I returned the night before Mother's Day. Yet, I was spoiled again. The kids were so cute and really caught on to the spirit of the day.

Addie was so happy to serve me. She made stay in bed late so she could finish my card. I got all sorts of art work from her. She also made me a ham sandwich, which was good, and some "chocolate pudding", which was not so good, but heart felt, as well as doing the dishes for me.


Maycie gave me a darling flower pot she made in preschool and some art work, as well as following Addie's lead and doing dishes.



Alex was Alex which is a Mother's Day gift all by itself.




Rob truly surprised me with a poem and gift card to Anne Taylor Loft (can't wait to shop). I loved the gift card, but the poem was my favorite. It said:

"Dear Adria,
You can never say I haven't given you the world.
Instead of the paintings of Michelangelo, Van Goh, or Rembrandt, you have fresh paintings on your fridge by aspiring artist and tasteful frescoes on the wall in your bedroom.
Instead of the ruins of Machu Pichu, you have actual "ruins" in the playroom.
Instead of the falls of Vesuvius or the Glory of Old Faithful, you have Maycie (who is almost as reliable.) -I hate cleaning up accidents!
Instead of the Russian Ballet, you have the Nutcracker every Christmas in the family room.
Instead of the Taj Mahal, you have a 3,000 sq. ft. piece of Suburbia.
Instead of Saks on Fifth Ave., you have the Goodwill on 28th.
Okay, maybe I haven't exactly given you the world, but that doesn't mean you don't mean to world to me.

Happy Mother's Day!!!
Love, Rob


What an awesome husband I have. That's not all. He made a fabulous dinner not only for me, but my friend, Sandy, whose husband was out of town as well as her kids. I am the luckiest mom in the world. Happy Mother's Day everyone. Hope you felt as loved as I did.

2 comments:

Macdonalds said...

What a cute poem and great gifts from the kids. We can't wait to see you guys! I hope Alex had an awesome birthday! Can you believe our babies are already two?

finau said...

Adria! So cute! Now that I am actually out of school I have more time to read my friends' blogs! It sounds like your family truly appreciates you! What a great mom you are!! Love ya!