Thursday, May 28, 2009

Farewell Zuster Robbins!

I was so lucky to be able to fly to Utah and see my little sister, Caitlin, before she left on her mission to Belgium Brussels/Netherlands. Thanks to great friends and a great husband for watching the girls. I did take Alex with me and consistent with past trips it was an event getting there. My flight out of Charlotte got delayed. I landed in Denver 10 minutes before my connecting flight left. I sprinted like my life depended on it while pushing Alex in a stroller and backpack on my back to a completely different terminal. Thank goodness I've been running 4-5 miles in the morning, but my lungs did not like the altitude change. Of course, the plane was still sitting there, but the gate was closed. Now what? Alex and I got to stay the night in a very nice hotel at the expense of the airline. I still would have rather made the flight. Not to mention that my soon-to-be missionary sister, who was suppose to pick me up that night in Vegas, had to stay in a Las Vegas hotel (same room) with her investigor "friend" (a boy, by the way) until they could pick me up in the morning. Hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - right?


The Robbins. Dad, Caitlin & Patrick.

Grandma Bunting. (She'll be upset if I don't mention that she was a famous singer back in her day. She sang for President Eisenhower and some king. Also, she was drop dead gorgeous. As she said, "Adria, I had those boys going out the back door as I was letting them in the front.")


Grandma Rabiger and Caitlin.
Grandma Rabiger is a hoot. She's 93 and still going strong. I guess she's not used to my blond hair yet, because during Caitlin's farewell I sang in quartet with Caitlin, Marisa and a couple friends. My grandma turned to my uncle and said, "Who's that blond girl singing up there with Caitlin." The funny thing was, I had just given her a great big hello hug about 15 minutes before.



Adria, Caitlin, Grandma Rabiger, Mom, Marisa.

Patrick, Caitlin, Dad, Adria.



1 comment:

finau said...

I'm soooo impressed you run 4-5 miles in the morning, make curtains in an afternoon, go on 2 trips on one month...super woman! You take right after your momma. Do you have a good running workout routine? Mine are getting kinda old.