Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Child's Prayer

Anyone who knows Maycie knows she loves her stuffed animals. They are like her children. Recently she lost her beloved "Foxy". For several days we casually searched the house with no luck. I had given up, but Maycie hadn't. She continued to long for it. Maycie is my prayer girl. She is always reminding us to have prayers before meals (I tend to forget at lunch) and even when we go out to eat she makes sure we bless the food. So it was no surprise that she jumped at the idea of saying a prayer to find "Foxy". She prayed that she would find him. That was a couple weeks ago. This week after a family home evening lesson on prayer Maycie brought up the fact that her prayer to find "Foxy" hadn't been answered yet. She didn't state it like she had lost faith, but only it hadn't been answered yet. I asked Maycie if she thought Heavenly Father cared if she found "Foxy". She said yes, because she knew Heavenly Father cared about her. I then asked if she thought Heavenly Father would help her find "Foxy" if she asked him again and we looked hard. She said she did. We decided to conduct a more thorough search and offered a simple prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us know where to look. We search for a while with no luck, then a thought entered my mind. We looked in a forgotten bag in the bottom of her closet and there "Foxy" was. A child's prayer was answered. We quickly offered a prayer of thanks together and I offered my own prayer of thanks in my heart for allowing Maycie to experience answered prayers first hand.

1 comment:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Awww...what a sweet experience!