Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Temper-tantrum gone right

Alex, screaming and pointing to a neighbor boy's hat: "Mom, I want hat." More screaming and pulling at me.
Mom: "No, Alex. That is not your hat."
Alex, screaming even louder: "HAAAAAAAAAT!"
Mom: "No, Alex. No hat."
Alex, more screaming and pulling at me. "WHAAAAAAA!"
Mom, calmly but sternly: "Alex, do you need to go to your room?"
Alex, in a pouty voice: "NO!"
Mom: "Then please stop screaming."
Alex, with a happy smile on his face: "Okay, mom."

THE END. Seriously!

2 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Awesome! I'm afraid all the temper tantrums at our house went wrong today.

Gail said...

I've had a couple of those moments with my kids. You're always so relieved when they stop crying. Aaron can throw the longest temper tantrums but when it's over, it's over, just that quick. It's my girls that seem to remind me that they weren't happy earlier that day. I blame the gender, males are better at moving on, us girls sometimes hold on too tight.