Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Maycie!

June 26th, 2009
I can't believe my little Maycie is 4. I remember the day she was born, dreamily holding my sweet baby, 7lbs 4oz. She was such an angelic baby and don't ask me why, but we called her Bugaboo or Bugs for short. As an infant I would bring her to Primary to help me teach the children songs. She was the "Maycie Meter". If they sang well she would literally bounce up and down in my arms grinning at the childrens' music. To this day the Primary children still talk about the "Maycie Meter". As a toddler we called her "MOD" which was short for "Master of disaster". It seemed she was always destroying something, whether it was my new leather couch with a sharpie marker or cabinets with a sharpie or cutting clothing or tearing books. It was difficult to get angry at such an angelic face and she looked so innocent. Now she's my fearless heartwarmer who loves to pick me flowers and dresses up as "bat-dog" or calls herself "danger". Well, whatever she is called or whatever she is doing she is our Maycie girl and I can't imagine our home without her.

Wake-up Birthday Girl!
Maycie's birthday request. Scooby-Doo movies and a Scooby-Doo dog.

Carrying on the birthday tradition from my childhood...
Breakfast in bed. Breakfast of choice: Lucky Charms, of course!



Party Time!

Our new favorite party game: popping treat filled balloons.




Scooby Scooby-Doo!!!


Make a wish.


Polly Pockets. Fun for kids with lots of tiny parts for mom to pick up.


Looking cool.



Pinata time. I think we went through everyone at least 3 times before it finally broke.


2 comments:

Macdonalds said...

I wish we could celebrate birthdays together! It sure was fun spending time with you guys!

Crystal said...

Cute girl. I remember when she was born. You were in the middle of moving. What a sweet baby.