Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moment of Insanity

Nine kids. Same house. One mom. This is called insanity. Also know as helping two friends out at once. I love my friends. When in need we are always there for each other. I have counted on them countless times for much needed breaks from my kids. They have even watched my kids on overnighters. That's friendship or as I call them, my North Carolina family. Here I am doing a little payback and took on 6 kids (one refused to get in the picture) in addition to my 3. Yes, that equals 9. It was nuts, but if you don't worry about what the kids are destroying, punctured pools, stained carpet or off the chart the noise level, it's just fine. Since I spent most of the day doing damage clean-up and control I might think twice about
taking on the many at once again.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I can relate! Mike and I used to be part of a babysitting co-op once a week - 4 families were involved, which turned out to be 10kids. YIKES! We only lasted 2 rounds before we said, "We're out!" I don't mind swaping kids now & then, but that was too much.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Adria. I love you for it!!