Friday, September 17, 2010

Williamsburg Family Vacation

The last week before school started we decided to go on a last minute family vacation to Williamsburg, VA. There was so much to do. We started by spending a day at Busch Gardens theme park.



Addie and Maycie went on the little roller coaster no less than 8 times. Addie would have gone on bigger ones if her height would have allowed her. That girl is a dare devil.









Though the park was fun and the kids enjoyed themselves, I must say it's definitely targeted to the older crowd. The rides were very spread out and between the heat and a new pregnancy, it wasn't my favorite day.
.
The following day we spent at Water Country USA. The water factor made this park much more tolerable, though I don't have pictures. My favorite was the 45 minutes we spent as a family floating around the lazy river on tubes. It was especially nice after my 10 mile run that morning.


On our final day we went to Colonial Williamsburg. This was, by far, my favorite place to visit. I love early American (or any country) history. I love imagining what life was like then. Here the kids got to water a colonial style vegetable garden and Rob and I got some ideas of how to improve our vegetable garden for next year.



The kids also got to participate in some colonial children's games. I had fun taking a whack at it myself.


Unfortunately, after about an hour the kids were hot and ornery from our previous days adventures. We ended the day much earlier than I would have wish, but Rob and I vowed to return soon sans children and really enjoy the place.

No comments: