Friday, September 17, 2010

Tri Two

On July 24th I took part in my second triathlon at YMCA Camp Thunderbird at Lake Wylie. It was my first lake swim and the choppy waves proved to be a challenge. I think I preferred it to the pool swim, however.
Kathryn Hall and Alison Bergstrom.

My fellow triathletes.
Heather Woolley, Kathryn Hall, Cami Slaughter, Alison Bergstrom, Me.

This time around I finished 2nd in my category and my good friend Alison finished 3rd.

Here are the breakdown of the distances and my times.
700 meter swim: 19:41
10 mile bike: 33:42
5K run: 30:16
.
This course was more difficult than my first triathlon. The run was a total roller coaster of hills. I'm actually surprised it only took me 30 minutes considering I walked a lot of it, but so did most the other racers-the hills were that bad.




1 comment:

Steph said...

you go girl!!! i am way impressed! i want tot chat with you too! 434-326-4921 we are 12 hrs aead!