Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Girl's weekend in Asheville

Great girl friends and good food - my kind of weekend. We girls love to use any excuse to have night away. This time (and as usual) it was women's conference in Asheville where we got to listen to Sister Beck (General Relief Society President) speak.

Of course we have to begin with food - one of my favorites: Cafe Mia's with delicious paninis and gelato. MMMMM!

The girls.
From left to right: Kristin Smith, me, Shelly Shackelford, Mindy Wheatley, Alison Bergstrom, Iris Whitlock (and Sandy Abbott taking the picture).


Sandy, Kristin, Iris and me.


Asheville is quite the hippie town. Every evening they have what's called a drum circle, where people all ages, shapes and sizes bring their drums and jam. Crazy energy and a little weird.

After the drum circle Sandy, Kristin and I talked to some guy about being Mormon. He had never met Mormon women before. We were able to clear up a few false conceptions.





Late night snack. Famous sweet potato pancakes at Tupolo Honey. It's never to late (or early) for breakfast.



And I prove I've still got it. Nice camera timing, Sandy.



Those sweet potato pancakes must have had a little something extra in them - or maybe I really needed a weekend away - just releasing some crazy energy.




My North Carolina sisters.
Sandy, Kristin and I at the conference.
Sister Beck was amazing. She is truly a spiritual giant. Rather than give a speech, she opened the conference up for questions and spoke according to what people had to ask. We came home spiritual and emotional uplifted. Ready to be mom and wife again.









3 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Oh boy, I can't believe that split! You go girl! I want to join the drum circle.

Crystal said...

WOW! You totally "still got it"! That is super impressive!

Macdonalds said...

Look at you! How fun!