Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat! Aren't they Sweet!?

Our traditional Halloween dinner of Tyropita and tomato soup. It's the one meal they look forward to almost as much as the trick-or-treating.

Trick-or-Treat!

Yeah! Free candy! Here comes Maycie the Bat-dog.


Alex, sharing his spoils with dad. Actually, all the kids had a fairly generous spirit. After trick-or-treating Addie was excited to come home and hand out candy. When we ran out sooner than planned, she decided to empty her bag of candy into the hand out bowl. The other kids pitched in and we were left over with very little candy and no sugar hangover. What a great idea, Addie.





5 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute pics of your cute family! And what the heck is Tyropita?

Sheri said...

Holy cow, has it really been 3 years?! I wouldn't believe it except for how grown up Addie looks. And I only ever saw Maycie as a little baby. Your kids are so adorable! Looks like you had a fun Halloween. I do have a blog! The blogging world is a bit addictive, isn't it? You can check ours out at: sheribee.blogspot.com

It's so good to be back in touch with you! Thank you facebook!

Janae said...

I Love the Bat-Dog idea and Alex makes an awesome football player! He really does have the perfect build for it. I'm with Sandy..you can't claim to make a tradition called Tyropita without explaining what it is?! Hmm..I haven't a clue.

Caitlin said...

I love the story of Addie giving away her halloween candy when you ran out. I think you should adapt it into a childrens' book...and I'll illustrate it. =)

Macdonalds said...

Great costumes, I love Maycie's creativity! I wish we lived closer to eachother.
I totally agree with Caitlin and the story idea, it would be great!