Friday, April 5, 2013

Another Trip for Mom

January 29th - February 2nd
Gastonia Stake Temple Trip

I was so blessed to be able to attend the Washington DC temple with 56 other women from my stake for 3 days. We left early Thursday morning on a chartered bus and arrived in DC in time to attend a session then have dinner at PF Changs. The next day I attended two back to back sessions then did a tour of the National Mall. We returned in time to do some initiatories. The next morning, another two back to back sessions. It was such a spiritual high and one that I really needed.
My roomies: Andrea Cobb, Julie Beaumont, Me, Sandy Abbott


DC Temple in morning light.


A visit to the National Mall.


Sandy and I in front of the Lincoln Memorial

It was neat to be in a spiritual place (personally) then ponder on our fore fathers and the divine inspiration that guided them in laying the foundation for our great nation.


One of my favorite parts of DC was visiting the Smithsonian and seeing the original "Star Spangled Banner" flag - the one that inspired our national anthem. 

No comments: