Friday, April 5, 2013

A Surprise Trip

On Valentine's Day we gave our kid's the ultimate valentine. We picked them up from school early on our way to Universal Studios in Florida. It was a bit of surprise for mom and dad too, considering we had just decided to make the trip the day before. Our dear friends, the Worths, we going down and invited us to share their condo with them. It was a hard offer to pass up so, we didn't. 
Needless to say, the kids were thrilled. Particularly Addilyn who had been begging to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for over a year. 


Addilyn with Kate and Emma in Hogmeade. 
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was amazing. Everything was so realistic from selecting wands at Ollivander's wand shop to hearing Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom.

When entering Hogwarts castle all the pictures talk, of course. Here's the fat lady giving her little ditty.

One evening, Addilyn and I left the younger kids at the condo and went to explore Hogmeade on our own. Addilyn is quite the thrill seeker and couldn't get enough of the roller coasters. I, on the other hand, don't have much a stomach for that so after three rather rambunctious rides I lost a bit of my dinner and had to be done with the rides. Despite the incident, Addilyn and I had a great time together and it was fun to hear her say, "I never knew moms could be so fun."

I felt much better after having a cold butter beer and turkey leg at The Three Broomsticks. Mmmm! See all that frothy goodness on my upper lip.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a fun trip the kids will always remember!