Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blue not Red

I woke up feeling a bit blue today because the country wasn't more red. 
Obama versus Romney in the 2012 election and my guy didn't win. I have never felt so invested in a presidential election and it's not just because Romney is a mormon. In fact, during the primaries, I kept a pretty unbiased mindset. But the more I heard from Romney the more I really liked the guy - most of the time. I felt his motives for running for president were not egotistical. I didn't feel he wanted the power or fame and he certainly didn't need the money. I felt like he truly wanted to help our country during this difficult economic and politically polarized time. He is smart. He's had a lot of experience turning difficult situations into better ones and he represented many of my moral and political views. It's not that I hate Obama. I don't. I just felt like my guy could have done a better job. I'm sad because personally, I think it will be a while before we have another candidate that I have so much faith in.


Oh well. Here's what we did to celebrate election night (before the blues hit).

 Patriotic pizza and cake.

 Rob took advantage of a teaching moment to explain the privilege of voting and the ever confusing electoral college.


We let the kids stay up a little later to begin adding up those all important votes. Maycie colors our giant map with red or blue. Go red!

No comments: