Sunday, June 24, 2012

San Francisco with the Girls

My dear friends: Caitilin Summerhays, Alison Bergstrom and Catherine Dunn.
 Was it really 5 years ago we were doing "Joy School" with our oldest kids? Shortly after preschool graduation Catherine Dunn moved to Utah. Alison left a couple years later to Ohio and not long after that Caiti moved to San Antonio, Texas leaving me behind in North Carolina. 
 So, after missing the New York reunion trip they did 2 years ago I finally got to reunite with my "Joy School" mommies in fabulous San Francisco.
This is what greeted me when I walked off the plane.


Caiti took charge and was our guide for the trip.

I love the random things you see in SF. 

First scheduled stop. The Boudin Bakery on Pier 39 for some clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. YUM!



Feeling a little left of out of the i-phone club. 

Breakfast the next morning was frozen yogurt in front of Bloomingdales.


"Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley".  We took a scenic ride on famous SF trolley.




The view from the top of Lombard Street, the curviest street in America.

A view of Alcatraz.

Other San Franciscan views from our trolley.

Next stop. Ghirardelli square where we enjoyed decadent cupcakes (now I finally understand the cupcake craze) and creamy ice cream (not on the same day).



China town.


This is beginning to seem like a food tour.
Crepes on Pier 39...

...and enjoying the Boudin bakery views.
That's a giant crocodile made out of sourdough bread.

More food moments.




In-n-out Burger is a must.
Man. I really need to get me one of those i-phones. I was like the kid in short pants with my dorky little samsung from Walmart.



We took a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. The weather was warm and sunny right until we hit the bridge. You can see the fog rolling in. It was like we warped to another world the change was so  fast and drastic. Suddenly it was cold and gloomy. As soon as we left the bridge it was bright again. Weird.




The Trans America Building.




Finally. All four of us together in one shot.




Saying good-bye is such sweet sorrow.


Thanks to Marilyn who watched the boys for me so I could go on this fabulous little get-a-way.

No comments: