Saturday, December 17, 2011

Skating in Dixie

How do you ice skate outdoors when the temperature is in the mid 60's?
On plastic, of course.
When I saw the sign for ice skating in the parking lot of our local Lowes with such warm temps my curiosity got the better of me and I took the kids to check it out.
Sure enough, it looked just like ice and we put on real ice skates, but it was plastic. However, I can tell you that real ice skating is much easier. The fake stuff was slicker and I found myself hugging the sides to keep myself from falling on my face.

The kids were slightly more graceful or at least less self conscience.
They actually got the hang of it pretty quick.


Alex is not picture here because he freaked out when Chubbby, the ice-skating polar bear, appeared. So dad came to the rescue and whisked him away to another activity. Alex has a major fear large costumed characters. He's going to need serious therapy when we go to Disney World in a month.

1 comment:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Plastic ice skating. Now that's ghetto.