Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More December Moments

This was my major non-sewing project this season.
I was looking for new advent calendar and came across this idea. I found a bunch of boxes different sizes, mod-podged them all with various papers and stenciled numbers on them. I then put a different scripture relating to the nativity or the true meaning of Christmas with a little treat or trinket in each box. The kids looked forward to opening them each night and I enjoyed focusing a spiritual part of Christmas with them each night. This tradition is a repeater.




Addilyn's Christmas ballet demonstration.


I finally got to attend the girls' holiday parties at school. It's cute how proud they feel to have their mom at school with them.


I always purchase gingerbread houses at the after Christmas clearance sales for $1 or $2 and save them for a year. That way everyone can do their own. The gingerbread is a bit stale but we don't eat that part.

This year Alex exhibited extreme interest in everything Christmas. He was the one who made sure we did our advent calendar. Everyday he asked how many more days until Christmas and inquired what fun Christmas activity we would do that day (many times the answer was not to his satisfaction). He inspected all the wrapped presents to see if he could discover what was in them.

No comments: