Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Very Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. To me it has all the warmth of Christmas without as much stress, expectations and cost. And it never seem to be the same year to year.
This year we decided to host and have over close friends.

Rob really got into Thanksgiving. His words were, "I really want to go all out this year." He actually researched fun crafts and decorations. He came up with these adorable turkeys and chocolate pilgrim hats. He even put them together almost all by himself. To save face in admitting doing a craft, he claimed he used power tools to create them. Totally uncharacteristic of Rob. He's usually the one telling me to keep it simple and not go overboard.


I couldn't have Rob showing me up in the craft department (although I think he did out-do me) so I came up with the turkey napkin rings and the created the cute turkey tablecloth.


The Worths and Abbotts helping put together our "turkey gobbler."




In addition to his craft, Rob also put together a treasure hunt for the kids to do after dinner. He hid clues all over the yard. The kids had to find the all and put all the pieces together to form the picture of where the treasure was buried.

Decoding the puzzle.

Digging up the treasure in the sandbox.

Eating their candy cane treasure.

The tryptophan kicks in. Well all settle in a watch a couple episodes of "Kid History". If you haven't seen it, check it out on youtube. It's hilarious.

Finally, the pie ends the night. They were all sooo yummy!
I'm thankful to have such great friends to spend the holidays with.

No comments: