Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanks and Giving Tree


We started what is hopefully a new tradition (though the set up might change) with our Thanks and Giving Tree. We've been writing down things we're thankful for and a kind act performed that day thus ushering Thanksgiving.
Some more pictures of trees.
This is our backyard and I LOVE it!
It's mostly Oaks and Dogwoods (my favorite tree). I've collected some acorns from the Oaks and enjoyed the autumn color of the Dogwoods. And I'll look forward to the bold white Dogwood blossoms in spring.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

We would love to have a forest like that in our backyard!!

Liesl Shurtliff said...

That is a very good idea. I might just copy. Except I am trying to simplify so I might make our tree really small. Maybe we'll just verbalize and imagine the tree growing from our grateful words.