Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quotes of the Week

Addie's quote of the week came after the kids had watched Star Wars. She was trying to figure out why, if Darth Vader was Luke's dad, he would want to kill his son. After some pondering she said, "Is Darth Vader so mean because he drinks a lot of coffee?" Did I mention we're trying to clarify the word of wisdom. I guess that one needs some work.
Maycie's quote of the week is entitled, "finding beauty in all things." While inside a public restroom Maycie says to me, "Isn't the sound of my pee beautiful, mom?". 'Nuf said.

In this picture Alex is giving me the "stink eye" which he has mastered.
His quote of the week came after Rob had scolded the kids several times for not obeying. After the final more serious scolding Alex timidly asked, "Dad, you sell us to the gypsies?" What parent hasn't threatened to sell their child to the gypsies for bad behavior?




4 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

LOL! All so great but Maycie's was my favorite. Oh, that girl is hilarious!

Gail said...

I've never thought of the sound of pee as beautiful :O) Bekah's big thing is saying she hates her "pee-pee" and "poo-poo" and that's why she flushes it down. Childhood logic is such a wonderful thing.

Carrie said...

Kids are great, aren't they!? They can come up with the best things to say!!

finau said...

A, I LOVE how you post the funny little things your kids say. So cute. Coffee and Darth Vader...what an obvious connection :) love it.