Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up and Fall Colors

Week of October 10th - 15th.

Maycie had career day at school where they were suppose to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. She of course choose to be an artist. Even her kindergarten teacher refers to her as "the resident artist". Maycie dressing up of course spurred Alex to do the same. His career of choice.... a ninja.

Autumn.
My favorite time of year!
I love the smells of decaying leaves and burning wood.
I love the sound of crunchy leaves under foot.
I love how the sky always appears bluer in autumn. Perhaps it's the contrast of the blue against the bright leaves colors or perhaps the sky is breathing a sigh of relief escaping the summer heat. Is there truly a better season?


We took a family day trip to the Linville Falls Caverns and enjoyed some fall colors and fresh air. The kids loved climbing on the rocks and seeing the bats and blind fish in the caves.





1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I love the Fall colors! I agree with you that Fall is a wonderful time of year. Your children are so cute!!! They are growing so fast too.
Aunt Sarah