Sunday, September 18, 2011

Indian Summer and Flag Football

September 5th - 17th


Alex starts preschool at Playwise Preschool Academy.
Though we loved our previous preschool at Assurance United Methodist Church, this distance was much further due to our move. The new preschool takes me about 5 minutes round trip and I'm all about simplifying where I can.

The kids were enjoying a beautiful Indian Summer day.


Brothers.
My suspicious were confirmed this week when Isaac's unusual fussiness was rewarded by his first tooth. Bottom left. One down and only nineteen to go.
Isaac is such a joy. His good nature, sweet temperament is just what I needed this go around. Though, I've forgotten how much work babies are. They're back breakers. Literally.

Stow-away!
Tiger is usually kept outside. Occasionally he sneaks in and pretends to live the high life.




The moment I've been waiting for since my Bubba was born over 4 years ago.
From the very beginning we imagined this deep voiced, broad shouldered little boy to be a football player. Our joy was enhanced when he showed a natural athletic ability at an early age. Finally we get to put that talent in a setting.
This week Alex started flag football. He looked so cute in his little jersey (which he didn't take off all weekend) running around with the other 4 and 5 years olds looking like deer caught in the head lights while the coaches shouted out things like "offence", "defence", "fumble", and "mouth-guard". Actually I was quite impressed with the organization and instruction. The things those 3 coaches got 30 little boys to do amazed me.





Rob was a pro at being a sideline dad. He had to hold me back and coach me into staying on the sidelines myself. I kept wanting to jump in and correct Alex or help direct him any time he looked confused. Rob wisely informed me that Alex needed to rely on his coaches for instruction. If jumped in every time, then he would look to me to direct him. I tried to control myself. I really don't want my son learning football from me.


Practicing the correct football grip.

2 comments:

Caitilin said...

I'm dying over the football pics of Alex. They remind me so of Ryan!
{Those twin brothers.} We did the same flag football thru Cornelius and LOVED it all 3 years. Yes, totally organized. Love that first year of instruction for those kiddos. Alex will love it.

Sandy said...

We HAVE to come for a game! Maybe Josh will join him next season. Cute pics, Adria. I can't believe you're already blogging again. Good for you!