Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sad

Yesterday a friend of mine passed away unexpectedly in her sleep leaving behind her husband and four young children. Cami Southwick was energetic, creative and caring. We used to laugh that her 3rd child, Olivia, was part mine since I passed on my pumped breast milk to feed baby Olivia due to allergies to formula. Her husband would make daily milk runs to collect the milk I had pumped that day. We laughed about the cow themed goody basket she made me for my 4 week milk donations. Her son, Jacob, calls Maycie his girlfriend. My kids know her as the primary singing teacher.

It was a shock to hear of her death. I didn't realize how upset I was until today when I tried to explain it to the children. My heart aches for her children and husband. Her young, needy children who, for the most part, will not remember their mother and for her incredible husband who now has to shoulder the load of parenthood alone.

I wish I could be more poetic about how I feel, but other than the need to express my grief, I'm rather speechless. Cami will be missed.

Life is short and precious. Tell those you love how you feel.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Amen! Today as I saw pics and thought of all the times and stories I was so sad and just had such an ache in my heart!!! Just want to know more!!!!

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry! How SAD!!!!! How did this happen? You'll have to fill me in later...????