Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Much to be Thankful For - November

I have so much to be thankful for. Every day with my husband and children is a gift, but to all be happy and healthy with needs and wants met and with loving family and dear friends surrounding us - that is a generous God given blessing that I try never to take for granted.
Here are some November events that I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for Maycie learning to ride a two wheeler. After mom spent the morning away with girl friends I returned to find Maycie waiting to show me her new skill. Rob said she picked it up in about 5 minutes. I'm grateful for children who have healthy bodies and a husband who is a wonderful father to his children.




I'm thankful for family near and far, for airplanes that take us 2,800 miles in a few hours, and for parents who donated their frequent flier miles so we could come visit Thanksgiving weekend and be there for Caitlin's mission homecoming. At the end of November we got to fly to Utah to visit family for 10 days. It was a great reunion.
.
What's Caitlin doing in this picture, you might ask. Showing off her "bottle-licker" from the Netherlands. Caitlin brought home several treasures for each of us including
dutch pottery, strop waffles and the "bottle-licker" which can clean the last remaining contents from any bottle.

Once again, I'm thankful for a wonderful husband and three beautiful, healthy children - with one on the way.


Gathering after the mission homecoming talk.

Cuddling with Aunt Caitlin.


I'm thankful we could visit St. George where Rob grew up. Rob enjoyed sharing one of his favorite childhood places, the red cliffs, with the kids.


Over looking St. George.

Climbing the slot canyon.


I'm thankful for temples and that through them my family can be together forever. I'm thankful I could share my testimony of temples with my children when we visited the St. George Temple visitor's center.


Thanks to Marmie's connection to Southern Utah University's gym the kids were able to explore and play on the gymnastics apparatus. They had a blast.







I'm thankful that in early November I was able to fly to Utah alone to greet my sister, Caitlin, at the airport as she returned from her mission to the Netherlands. I'm grateful I could be there with my other brothers and sisters to share in the moment and I'm thankful I have such a wonderful husband to take the kids all weekend for me.

Dutch translation of the poster: "Caitlin, will you marry me?"
My brother-in-law's contribution to the event was this practical joke. He bribed some young guy at the airport to hold this sign up. Caitlin was so overwhelmed with all that was going on she never would have seen it if we hadn't pointed it out to her. The young "chap" was a good sport about it considering he stood there for more than 30 minutes while we all snickered about it.
So, I guess I'm thankful for practical jokes.

Back together again.

Cousins sleeping at Marmie and Pops.
Addilyn, Maycie & Whitney.

No comments: