Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things I Love - Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
February 14th, 2010
14 things I love...
.
1. The smell of my children's breath.
2. When all three kids want to sit on my lap at the same time and somehow we get it to work out so everyone is happy.
3. When my husband suggests we eat out at our favorite burger joint after I've put off making dinner because of a hard day.
4. Watching Pride and Prejudice with my sisters.
5. Really good fruit.
6. The sun.
7. Comfort foods like cream of wheat, warm soft pretzels, and homemade bread and jam.
8. Watching movies with my husband after the kids are in bed.
9. The burn of a good workout.
10. Soft beds and down comforters.
11. The sounds of my children playing well together.
12. The satisfaction of a do-it-yourself project done right.
13. Date nights with my hubby.
14. Slippers and a warm robe and a cold night.

The roses Rob had delivered to me.
For our Valentine's date Rob arranged for the babysitter then took me to dinner and a movie. He also gave me a package with some of my favorite things, like Cadbury mini eggs (mmmmm!), a new water bottle and sweat towel for my work outs (I think I sweat more than normal), Weight Watcher candies, gum, etc.
He is so thoughtful. Guess what I did for him - nothing so far. What a lousy wife.


Here's the Valentine Addie and Maycie did for us. Flowers on a tray with a card, $5, and soggy fruit loops.



For Family Home Evening the kids made Valentine's for the grandparents. Unfortunately, I was sick and lazy this week, so this may be all the grandparents see of their Valentines because I haven't mailed them yet. Sorry. Not my best week for showing my love.


4 comments:

Gail said...

A very memorable Valentine's Day.
We miss you guys - thank goodness for blogs/facebook/email connections.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Can't wait for #4! Coming soon!

Love the soggy fruit loops. Yum.

Alison B said...

How on earth did your kids have a $5 to give you? dang! They are rich! can't wait to see the debut of your new water bottle and sweat towel. Missed you at that great burn workout this morning. ;)

Kristen said...

So sweet. I love this post. One of the things I love is watching Anne of Green Gables with YOU! Oh I long for the good ol days sometimes. Miss our days of having a sleepover, eating and lounging. Our only worries were what to wear and what to do. I'm stuck on Liesl's comment though... Are you pregnant? Is she? I better not be finding this out through a random comment on your blog - or you're in trouble!!!